PVC CEMENT - TECHNICAL DATA SHEET
GO AHESIVES – PVC Cement is formulated as a high bond strength, quick setting and easy to use PVC adhesive. It is specially used for bonding all types of PVC piping in both pressure and non-pressure applications including guttering, spouting, conduit, standard low pressure pipe systems, etc. It is ideal for use on irrigation, plumbing, pools and spa applications etc. Available in Grey, orange and transparent.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- High bond strength
- Easy to use
- Rapid drying
- Waterproof bond
- Fast strength development
- Applicator brush included in pot
- Conforms and tested according to ASME B31.3
- Complies with ASTM D-2564
Placing / Application:
- Apply liberal coat of cement to the pipe to the depth of the socket. leave no uncoated surfaces.
- Apply a thin coat of cement to the inside of the fitting. Apply a second coat of cement to the pipe.
- Quickly assemble parts when cement is still fluid. If cement surface has dried, recoat both surfaces.
- Fully push pipe into fitting using a 1/4 turning motion until pipe bottoms.
- Hold pipe and fitting together for 30 seconds to prevent pipe push-out. Hold longer at low temperatures.
- Allow 15 minutes for good handling strength and 2 hours cure time at temperatures above 16°C or with pipe above 3”.
- Square pipe ends and remove all burrs and dirts.
- Wipe off moisture, oil and all other foreign matters from both inside and outside of the pipe and socket.
- Check dry fit of pipe and fitting. Pipe should easily go 1/3 the way into the fitting. If pipe bottoms, it should be snug.
- Use a suitable applicator at least 1/2 the pipe diameter. For larger pipe systems, use a natural bristle brush or roller.
- Clean pipe and fitting with a primer or cleaner.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Do not breathe vapor. Use in well ventilated areas. If forced air ventilation is used, make sure it does not cause a fire hazard from solvent vapors. If adequate ventilation cannot be provided, wear a NIOSH-approved respirator for organic solvents.
- Do not use or store near heat or sparks of flames.
- Do not smoke while using.
- Wear safety glasses with side shields and rubber gloves.
- Vapors may accumulate in low places and may ignite explosively.
- May irritate eyes, skin, nose, throat and respiratory tract. May cause coughing, sore throat, headache or nausea. Avoid long term overexposure to solvents.
- If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Drink water and call a doctor immediately. This product may be aspirated into the lungs and cause some chemical pneumonitis, a potentially fatal condition. In case of contact with eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes and seek medical attention if irritation persists. If contact with skin, wash with soap and water. If inhaled followed with ill feelings, get fresh air and obtain medical attention if ill feelings persist.
- The information, and in particular, the recommendations relating to the application and end-use of GO Adhesives products, are given in good faith based on GO Adhesives’ current knowledge and experience of the products when properly stored, handled and applied under normal conditions in accordance with GO Adhesives’ recommendations. In practice, the difference in materials, substrates and actual site conditions are such that no warranty in respect of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose, nor any liability arising out of any legal relationship whatsoever, can be inferred either from this information or from any written recommendations, or form any other advice offered. The user of the product must test the product’s suitability for the intended application and purpose. GO Adhesives reserves the right to change the properties of its products. Users must always refer to the most recent issue of the local Product Data Sheet for the product concerned.
REMARKS AND CAUTIONS
- When not in use, always ensure the lid is tightly screwed on as the solvents will evaporate and affect the performance.
- Do noy dilute or mix with any other product.
- Store in cool and dry conditions out of direct sunlight below 25°C and away from naked flame or source of heat.
- Remove all sources of ignition and ventilate. Personnel cleaning up the spill should take precautions including wearing a respirator if vapor level is high. Soak up with absorbent material. Dispose properly.
- Main components: Cyclohexanone – Tetrahydrofuran THF – MEK – PVC resin
- Packaging: 12 or 24 can per box
- Color: Grey – Orange – Transparent
- Can size: 950 ml – 450 ml – 240 ml
- Shelf life: GO ADHESIVE – PVC Cement – has a shelf life of 24 months from the date of production if the storage conditions are met.
- Storage Conditions: shall be stored in dry conditions, where it is protected from direct sunlight and at temperature between +5°C and +25°C. Not to be stored near heat or sparks of flames.
BASIS OF PRODUCT DATA
- All technical data stated in this Data Sheet are based on laboratory tests. Actual measured data may vary due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Note that as a result of specific local regulations, the declared data and recommended uses for this product may vary from country to country.